TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Addendum 1: Inertial Dynos -versus- Brake Dynos
People Seeking Info

Subject Addendum 1: Inertial Dynos -versus- Brake Dynos

Posted by ni[X]it on August 12, 2004 at 10:45 AM
  This message has been viewed 346 times.

In Reply To The "Dyno-Dissertation": Things you might want to know... posted by Ash's Z (In Progress) on August 12, 2004 at 07:09 AM

Message On the other hand, an inertial dyno is measuring your vehicle’s ability to accelerate. In the end, it is all about who is quicker anyway, right? An inertial dynamometer is going to give you as close to ‘real-world’ analysis of your Z’s performance as possible.

My only caveat to this statement is that the inertial dyno can only allow you to tune for WOT pulls.

a brake dyno can allow you to tune for part throttle, such as drivability issues.
I used a brake dyno to tune my "low throttle" A/F ratio. Believe it or not, it did make a difference. I say that this helped me achieve my current 23+mpg (348rwhp/11psi) daily driving setting.

Again, its all about what you are tuning for. 90% of folks (or more) will get more from WOT pulls versus part throttle pulls.

Thanks for the post!

"As the Z32 gets older and decreases in value it becomes affordable by lower income and often less desirable people whose tastes reflect their personality and social standing.- Marshall 17:37:05 10/10/03

Petz #3

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.